Anchor Buddy for boats is a bungee line for mooring your boat offshore away from a rocky beach or shoreline. The Anchor Buddy attaches to your own anchor. If you have a good anchor, you can be confident that your anchor will hold and waves will not pry up your anchor like most nylon anchor lines, because the Anchor Buddy will stretch to dampen the force of wakes on your anchor line. Your boat is safely offshore until you pull it into shore with your rope tied to a sand spike. The bungee stretches as you pull the boat to shore.
-You don’t have to get wet to get in or out of your boat
-Prevents your boat from drifting away when the tide is incoming
-Protects your engine because you do not have to start your motor in shallow water
-Protects your hull from getting scratched by keeping it away from reefs, rocks, and sand
-The stretch bungee minimizes the action of waves prying loose your anchor when large wakes hit
-Conveniently allows you access your boat at any time without having to push it to shore, without having to pull up the anchor, without having to swim out to your boat
If you need a shorter anchor buddy for PWC, please click related products tab to see the Mini Anchor Buddy.
The Anchor Buddy attaches to your own anchor. If you have a good anchor, you can be confident that your anchor will hold and waves will not pry up your anchor like most nylon anchor lines, because the Anchor Buddy will stretch to dampen the force of wakes on your anchor line. We sell excellent collapsible anchors for your boat that do not take up too much space in your boat locker. Please see our anchor guide to buy the right size anchor for your boat.
If your boat is securely anchored offshore, you really don’t need a strong bow line tie up onshore. If you still want a strong secure bow line tie-up, we sell the Greenfield Stake Anchor w/ Built-in Slide Hammer & Cleat to tie up the bowline to a sandy beach. This strong tie-up is backup in case the lake anchor is not very good. Most boaters choose to loosely tie up the bowline with a PWC sand spike or PWC screw anchor. We sell the Jet Logic Screw Anchor for PWC. Other types of sand spikes are readily available at any marine supply or camping stores.
See the video which shows you how to use the Anchor Buddy for Boats:
1. Attach the Anchor Buddy anchor shackle to the end of your anchor chain
2. Drop a good anchor about 40 to 50 ft offshore. Most importantly, make sure that anchor feels secure after your drop it
3. Snap hook the anchor buddy to an eyelet in one of the corners of your boat
4. Motor forward a little toward shore and shut off your motor before reaching shore (Alternatively, some boaters throw a grabbling hook to shore and pull the boat in without starting the motor. This is a better method when you are worried about shallow rocks hitting your prop)
5. As the boat reaches shore, get out of your boat with bowline in hand
6. Let out your bow line to let the bungee line pull your boat offshore
7. Tie up your bow line to shore with a sand spike (shoreline stake) or another type of tie-down on the beach
8. To access your boat at any time, pull your bowline from shore until your boat is close enough to hop in